Warm up this autumn at the campground with this fall camping recipe. You’ll love being able to offer all the flavors of a delicious chicken pot pie while cooking in your Dutch oven over the fire. Get the full recipe below.
Recipe adapted from one on PlumCrazyAboutCoupons.com.
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 can mixed vegetables
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 can of buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425 or build a strong fire and lower the grill grate.
- Season the Dutch oven with cooking oil, and add 24 coals to the fire to heat through.
- Remove the chicken meat from the bone, de-skin, and shred it into a large bowl.
- Drain the mixed veggies and add them to the chicken, mixing well.
- Next, add the cream of chicken soup to the mixture and stir until it coats the ingredients fully.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set the Dutch oven on a ring of 8 coals and dump in the filling. Gently smooth the filling out over the bottom of the Dutch oven.
- Separate the biscuits and place them on top of the filling in the Dutch oven to cover fully.
- Replace the lid and set 16 coal on top to cook the mixture through.
- Cook this way for 18-20 minutes, rotating the lid counter-clock-wise every ten minutes and the base clockwise every 10 minutes. This process will help to ensure an even cook.
- Once the biscuits are cooked through and slightly browned, finely chop the parsley and top the pot pie with it.
- Serve warm!
Contact us today to find the idea RV for your adventures. We have a great selection of RVs with outdoor kitchens to make cooking around the campfire easy and fun!